The general assembly finds, determines and declares that:
(1) Because the matters contained in this chapter have important statewide ramifications for compliance with and enforcement of federal immigration laws and for the welfare of all citizens in this state, these matters are of statewide concern;
(2) Allowing illegal immigrants to reside within this state undermines federal immigration laws and state laws allocating available resources; and
(3) The state attorney general and reporter and all appropriate state and local law enforcement agencies are to vigorously pursue all federal moneys to which the state may be entitled for the reimbursement of moneys spent to enforce federal immigration laws.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 7-68-101
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105