- As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Other post-employment benefits” or “post-employment benefits” means nonpension benefits paid on behalf of former employees or the former employees’ beneficiaries after separation from service. The benefits may include, but shall not be limited to, medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, hearing, medicare part B or part D premiums, life insurance, long-term care, and long-term disability;
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 8-50-1202
- board: means the board provided for in part 3 of this chapter. See Tennessee Code 8-34-101
- Service: means service as a general employee, a teacher, a state police officer, a wildlife officer, a firefighter, a police officer, a state judge, a county judge, an attorney general, a commissioner or a county official which is paid for by an employer, and also includes service for which a former member of the general assembly is entitled to under former §§ 3-401 and 3-406. See Tennessee Code 8-34-101
(2) “Political subdivision” means any Tennessee local governmental entity, including, but not limited to, any municipality, metropolitan government, county, utility district, school district, public building authority, and development district created and existing pursuant to the laws of Tennessee, or any instrumentality of government created by any one (1) or more of the named local governmental entities or by an act of the general assembly; and
(3) “State funding board” or “funding board” means the board created pursuant to § 9-9-101.