|§ 38-9-101||Chapter definitions|
|§ 38-9-102||Proclamation of civil emergency|
|§ 38-9-103||General curfew|
|§ 38-9-104||Restrictive orders|
|§ 38-9-105||Violations — Penalty|
|§ 38-9-106||Exceptions to curfew|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 38 > Chapter 9
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Authority: means the Tennessee local development authority as created by title 4, chapter 31. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Board: means the wastewater financing board established by this part. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Chief administrative officer: means the mayor of any municipality incorporated under the general law pursuant to title 6, chapter 1, part 2, or of any metropolitan government as chartered pursuant to title 7, chapter 1. See Tennessee Code 38-9-101
- Civil emergency: means :
(A) A riot or unlawful assembly characterized by the use of actual force or violence or a threat to use force, if accompanied by the immediate power to execute, by three (3) or more persons acting together without authority of law. See Tennessee Code 38-9-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Curfew: means a prohibition against any person or persons walking, running, loitering, standing or motoring upon any alley, street, highway, public property or vacant premises within the corporate limits of the municipality, except persons officially designated to duty with reference to the civil emergency, or those lawfully on the streets as defined in this chapter. See Tennessee Code 38-9-101
- Department: means the department of environment and conservation. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fund: means the wastewater facility revolving loan fund. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Highway: includes public bridges and may be held equivalent to the words "county way" "county road" or "state road". See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Local government: means :
(i) A county, incorporated town or city, metropolitan government, state agency, water/wastewater authority, energy authority or any instrumentality of government created by any one (1) or more of these or by an act of the general assembly:
(a) Which has authority to administer a wastewater facility. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Property: includes both personal and real property. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Wastewater facility: means any facility, including the reserve capacity thereof, whose purpose is to collect, store, treat, neutralize, stabilize, recycle, reclaim or dispose of wastewater, including treatment or disposal plants, interceptors, outfall, and outlet sewers, pumping stations, equipment and furnishings thereof and their appurtenances which are necessary to accomplish the foregoing purposes. See Tennessee Code 68-221-1003
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105