Texas Agriculture Code Chapter 1 – General Provisions
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 1.001||Purpose of Code|
|§ 1.002||Construction of Code|
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code Chapter 1 - General Provisions
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Livestock: means cattle, horses, mules, asses, sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, exotic livestock, including elk and elk hybrids, and hogs, unless otherwise defined. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Municipality: means a general-law municipality, home-rule municipality, or special-law municipality. See Texas Local Government Code 1.005
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005