|§ 14.011||Limitation of Chapter|
|§ 14.012||Business Information|
|§ 14.013||Right to Intervene and Notification of Department|
|§ 14.014||Receivership Affecting Warehouse Assets|
|§ 14.015||Powers and Duties of Department|
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code Chapter 14 > Subchapter B
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005