(a) In this section, “common carrier” does not include a pipeline company or express company.
(b) An agent of a common carrier may not after lawful demand fail or refuse to issue a bill of lading in accordance with Chapter 7 or a rule of the railroad commission.
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code 252.003
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) An agent who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by:
(1) confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months;
(2) a fine not to exceed $200; or
(3) both the fine and confinement.