Texas Business and Commerce Code 54.002 – Contract
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
(a) A contract between a principal and a sales representative under which the sales representative is to solicit wholesale orders within this state must:
(1) be in writing or in a computer-based medium; and
(2) state the method by which the sales representative’s commission is to be computed and paid.
(b) The principal shall provide the sales representative with a copy of the contract.
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code 54.002
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
(c) A provision in the contract establishing venue for an action arising under the contract in a state other than this state is void.