Texas Business and Commerce Code 601.102 – Consumer’s Retention of Goods or Title to Real Property Authorized
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code 601.102
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
Until a merchant has complied with this chapter, a consumer with possession of goods or the right or title to real property delivered by the merchant:
(1) may retain possession of the goods or the right or title to the real property; and
(2) has a lien on the goods or real property to the extent of any recovery to which the consumer is entitled.