(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly violates Section 106.001.
(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by:
(1) a fine of not more than $1,000;
(2) confinement in the county jail for not more than one year; or
(3) both the fine and confinement.
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 106.003
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005