Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 116 – Settlement of Claim or Action Against Governmental Unit
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 116.002||Certain Settlement Terms Prohibited|
|§ 116.003||Effect of Chapter|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 116 - Settlement of Claim or Action Against Governmental Unit
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.