Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 130 – Liability Provisions in Certain Construction Contracts
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 130 - Liability Provisions in Certain Construction Contracts
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005