|Chapter 427||Texas Environmental Health Institute||427.001 – 427.005|
Terms Used In Texas Health and Safety Code > Title 5 > Subtitle G - Environmental Health
- County office: means an office of the county government that is voted on countywide. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- District office: means an office of the federal or state government that is not voted on statewide. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- General election: means an election, other than a primary election, that regularly recurs at fixed dates. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- General election for state and county officers: means the general election at which officers of the federal, state, and county governments are elected. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Gubernatorial general election: means the general election held every four years to elect a governor for a full term. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Law: means a constitution, statute, city charter, or city ordinance. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Measure: means a question or proposal submitted in an election for an expression of the voters' will. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Political subdivision: means a county, city, or school district or any other governmental entity that:
(A) embraces a geographic area with a defined boundary;
(B) exists for the purpose of discharging functions of government; and
(C) possesses authority for subordinate self-government through officers selected by it. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Proposition: means the wording appearing on a ballot to identify a measure. See Texas Election Code 1.005
- Signature: includes the mark of a person unable to write, and "subscribe" includes the making of such a mark. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.