|Chapter 86||Marl, Sand, Gravel, Shell, and Mudshell||86.001 – 86.027|
Terms Used In Texas Parks and Wildlife Code > Title 5 > Subtitle F
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, or figures, whether by writing, printing, or other means. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Sell: means to transfer the ownership or the right of possession of an item to a person for consideration and includes a barter and an even exchange. See Texas Parks and Wildlife Code 1.101
- Take: except as otherwise provided by this code, means collect, hook, hunt, net, shoot, or snare, by any means or device, and includes an attempt to take or to pursue in order to take. See Texas Parks and Wildlife Code 1.101
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005