Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 22.013
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
“Exempt property” means the property in a decedent‘s estate that is exempt from execution or forced sale by the constitution or laws of this state, and any allowance paid instead of that property.