Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code 81.001
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
In this chapter:
(1) Repealed by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1, Sec. 4.465(a)(67), eff. April 2, 2015.
(2) “Deaf” means a hearing impairment of such severity that an individual must depend on visual methods to communicate.
(2-a) “Department” means the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services.
(3) “Hard of hearing” means a hearing impairment that results in a loss of hearing function to an individual and in which the individual:
(A) relies on residual hearing; and
(B) may depend on visual methods to communicate.
(4) “Deaf-blind” means:
(A) being legally blind and possessing a hearing impairment of such severity that a person cannot understand most speech even with the use of optimum amplification; or
(B) having a medical diagnosis of deteriorating hearing and vision expected to lead to the condition described by Paragraph (A).
(5) “Executive commissioner” means the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission.