|§ 105.002||Employment Termination; Employment Contract Void and Unenforceable|
|§ 105.003||Suit to Appeal Termination|
Terms Used In Texas Labor Code Chapter 105
- Court: means and includes:
(1) a county court in the exercise of its probate jurisdiction;
(2) a court created by statute and authorized to exercise original probate jurisdiction; and
(3) a district court exercising original probate jurisdiction in a contested matter. See Texas Estates Code 22.007
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Heir: means a person who is entitled under the statutes of descent and distribution to a part of the estate of a decedent who dies intestate. See Texas Estates Code 22.015
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Legatee: includes a person who is entitled to a legacy under a will. See Texas Estates Code 22.021
- Person: includes a natural person and a corporation. See Texas Estates Code 22.027
- Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death.