|§ 211.031||Civil Penalty|
|§ 211.032||Enforcement by Commission and Attorney General|
|§ 211.033||Administrative Penalty|
|§ 211.034||Notices of Noncompliance|
Terms Used In Texas Natural Resources Code Chapter 211 > Subchapter C
- Affidavit: means a statement in writing of a fact or facts signed by the party making it, sworn to before an officer authorized to administer oaths, and officially certified to by the officer under his seal of office. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- sworn: includes affirm or affirmed. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005