(a) Before beginning solicitations, a veterans organization must file with the secretary of state a registration statement containing:
(1) the name, street address, and telephone number of each solicitor that solicits for the veterans organization;
(2) the name, street address, and telephone number of each veterans organization or fund for which any part of the contributions will be used, or, if there is no organization or fund, a statement describing how the contributions will be used;
(3) a statement of whether the veterans organization or fund for which the contributions are solicited has a federal and state charitable tax exemption;
(4) the name of each veteran serving on the board of directors or governing body of the veterans organization or fund for which the contributions are solicited;
(5) a statement of the number of members who are veterans and the percentage of members of the veterans organization that are veterans, as determined on December 31 preceding the year in which the statement is filed;
(6) the name of each local chapter, lodge, association, or group of veterans that is a member of the veterans organization for which contributions are solicited;
(7) a copy of the Internal Revenue Service Form 990, or its successor, the veterans organization most recently filed; and
(8) the name, address, and telephone number of the surety for the bond filed under Section 1804.101.
(b) The registration statement must be accompanied by a $150 registration fee and the original copy of the bond required under Section 1804.101.
Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code 1804.053
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) A registration statement issued under this section takes effect on the date the secretary of state issues a certificate and is valid for one year. The statement may be renewed annually by filing a renewal registration statement and paying the registration fee required by Subsection (b).