Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1805 – Sale of Secondhand Business Machines
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Subchapter A||General Provisions||1805.001 – 1805.004|
|Subchapter B||Reporting Requirements||1805.051 – 1805.054|
|Subchapter C||Requirements for Certain Purchases; Penalty||1805.101 – 1805.103|
Terms Used In Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1805 - Sale of Secondhand Business Machines
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes affirmation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Swear: includes affirm. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- sworn: includes affirm or affirmed. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005