|Subchapter A||Applicability||75.001 – 75.002|
|Subchapter B||Presumption of Abandonment||75.101 – 75.102|
Terms Used In Texas Property Code Chapter 75 - Texas Minerals
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005