(a) A lien on or a pledge of revenue from a transportation project under this chapter or on a reserve, replacement, or other fund established in connection with a bond issued under this chapter or a contract or agreement entered into under this chapter:
(1) is enforceable at the time of payment for and delivery of the bond or on the effective date of the contract or agreement;
(2) applies to each item on hand or subsequently received;
(3) applies without physical delivery of an item or other act; and
(4) is enforceable against any person having a claim, in tort, contract, or other remedy, against the applicable authority without regard to whether the person has notice of the lien or pledge.
(b) A copy of any bond resolution shall be maintained in the regular records of the authority.
Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code 370.114
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.