(a) In this section:
(1) “Service change” means any addition or deletion resulting in the physical realignment of a transit route or a change in the type or frequency of service provided in a specific, regularly scheduled transit route.
(2) “Transit revenue vehicle mile” means one mile traveled by a transit vehicle while the vehicle is available to public passengers.
(3) “Transit route” means a route over which a transit vehicle travels that is specifically labeled or numbered for the purpose of picking up or discharging passengers at regularly scheduled stops and intervals.
(4) “Transit route mile” means one mile along a transit route regularly traveled by transit vehicles while available to public passengers.
(b) Except as provided by Section 370.353, an authority shall hold a public hearing on:
(1) a fare change;
(2) a service change involving:
(A) 25 percent or more of the number of transit route miles of a transit route; or
(B) 25 percent or more of the number of transit revenue vehicle miles of a transit route, computed daily, for the day of the week for which the change is made; or
(3) the establishment of a new transit route.
Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code 370.352
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Week: means seven consecutive days. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) An authority shall hold the public hearing required by Subsection (b) before the cumulative amount of service changes in a fiscal year equals a percentage amount described in Subsection (b)(2)(A) or (B).