|Subchapter A||General Provisions||62.001|
|Subchapter B||Pilot Boards of Navigation Districts||62.021 – 62.025|
|Subchapter C||Regulation of Branch and Deputy Pilots||62.041 – 62.046|
|Subchapter D||Pilotage Charges and Liability||62.061 – 62.068|
Terms Used In Texas Transportation Code Chapter 62 - Navigation District Pilot Boards
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Oath: includes affirmation. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.