Terms Used In Utah Code 58-37b-4
- Distribute: means the actual, constructive, or attempted sale, transfer, delivery, or dispensing to another of an imitation controlled substance. See Utah Code 32B-8-304
- Imitation controlled substance: means a substance designed or packaged to substantially resemble any legally or illegally manufactured controlled substance, but that is not:
(a) a controlled substance; or (b) represented to be any legally or illegally manufactured controlled substance under Subsection 58-37-2(1)(i)(ii). See Utah Code 32B-8-304
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, compounding, processing, encapsulating, tableting, packaging or repackaging, labeling or relabeling, of an imitation controlled substance. See Utah Code 32B-8-304
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means :Utah Code 48-2e-1156It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, distribute, or possess with intent to distribute, an imitation controlled substance. Any person who violates this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
Amended by Chapter 241, 1991 General Session