Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 30 > Chapter 4
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Board: means the governing body of an agency, as described in Section 17C-1-203. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Community: means a county or municipality. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Municipality: means a city, town, or metro township as defined in Section 10-2a-403. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: means :Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Personal property: includes :Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Project area: means the geographic area described in a project area plan within which the project area development described in the project area plan takes place or is proposed to take place. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Project area development: means activity within a project area that, as determined by the board, encourages, promotes, or provides development or redevelopment for the purpose of implementing a project area plan, including:
(a) promoting, creating, or retaining public or private jobs within the state or a community; (b) providing office, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, parking, or other facilities or improvements; (c) planning, designing, demolishing, clearing, constructing, rehabilitating, or remediating environmental issues; (d) providing residential, commercial, industrial, public, or other structures or spaces, including recreational and other facilities incidental or appurtenant to the structures or spaces; (e) altering, improving, modernizing, demolishing, reconstructing, or rehabilitating existing structures; (f) providing open space, including streets or other public grounds or space around buildings; (g) providing public or private buildings, infrastructure, structures, or improvements; (h) relocating a business; (i) improving public or private recreation areas or other public grounds; (j) eliminating blight or the causes of blight; (k) redevelopment as defined under the law in effect before May 1, 2006; or (l) any activity described in this Subsection (47) outside of a project area that the board determines to be a benefit to the project area. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Project area funds: means tax increment or sales and use tax revenue that an agency receives under a project area budget adopted by a taxing entity committee or an interlocal agreement. See Utah Code 17C-1-102
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 48-2e-1156
- Taxing entity: means a public entity that:
(a) levies a tax on property located within a project area; or (b) imposes a sales and use tax under Title 59, Chapter 12, Sales and Use Tax Act. See Utah Code 17C-1-102