|§ 5112||Issuance of new birth certificate; change of sex|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 18 > Chapter 104
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Cemetery: means any plot of ground used or intended to be used for the burial or disposition permanently of the remains of the human dead in a grave, a mausoleum, a columbarium, a vault, or other receptacle. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Dower: A widow
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Permit: means any permit or license issued pursuant to this title. See
- Person: means any individual, company, corporation, association, partnership, the U. See
- Probate: Proving a will
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death.