|Subchapter 1||Consent by Minors for Mental Health Care||8350|
|Subchapter 2||Prohibition of Conversion Therapy||8351 – 8353|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 18 > Chapter 196
- Adverse event: is a ny untoward incident, therapeutic misadventure, iatrogenic injury, or other undesirable occurrence directly associated with care or services provided by a health care provider or health care facility. See
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Board: means the State Board of Health. See
- Causal analysis: means a formal root cause analysis, similar analytic methodologies, or any similarly effective but simplified processes that use a systematic approach to identify the basic or causal factors that underlie the occurrence or possible occurrence of a reportable adverse event, adverse event, or near miss. See
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Health or the Commissioner's designee. See
- Conversion therapy: means any practice by a mental health care provider that seeks to change an individual's sexual orientation or gender identity, including efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions or to change sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex or gender. See
- Corrective action plan: means a plan to implement strategies intended to eliminate or significantly reduce the risk of a recurrence of an adverse event and to measure the effectiveness of such strategies. See
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the Department of Health. See
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Election: means the procedure whereby the voters of this State, or any of its political subdivisions, select persons to fill public offices or act on public questions. See
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- gender identity: means an individual's actual or perceived gender identity, or gender-related characteristics intrinsically related to an individual's gender or gender-identity, regardless of the individual's assigned sex at birth. See
- General election: means the election held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, in even-numbered years. See
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Intentional unsafe act: shall mean an adverse event or near miss that results from:
- Mental health care provider: means a person licensed to practice medicine pursuant to 26 V. See
- Person: means any individual, business entity, labor organization, public interest group, or other organization, incorporated or unincorporated. See
- Person: means any individual, company, corporation, association, partnership, the U. See
- Primary: means any election that precedes a general or special election, for the purpose of permitting political parties to nominate, from among all of the candidates for any office, only that number of candidates equal to the number of persons to be elected to that office at the succeeding general or special election. See
- Reportable adverse event: means those adverse events a hospital is required to report to the Department pursuant to regulations adopted under this chapter. See
- Safety system: means the comprehensive patient safety surveillance and improvement system established pursuant to this chapter and the regulations adopted hereunder. See
- Serious bodily injury: means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes substantial loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ or substantial impairment of health or substantial disfigurement. See
- sexual orientation: means female or male homosexuality, heterosexuality, or bisexuality. See
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Voter: means an individual who is qualified to vote in an election in this State or a political subdivision of this State, and whose name is registered on the checklist of a political subdivision of the State. See