|Subchapter 1||General Provisions||521 – 525|
|Subchapter 2||Administration||527 – 529|
|Subchapter 3||Licensure Requirements||531 – 536|
|Subchapter 4||Unprofessional Conduct and Discipline||541|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 26 > Chapter 10
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- biennially: shall mean the year in which a regular session of the General Assembly is held. See
- Board: means the State Board of Health. See
- Board: means the Board of Chiropractic created under section 527 of this title. See
- Certified dietitian: means a person who is certified to practice dietetics under this chapter. See
- chiropractic physician: means a person licensed under this chapter. See
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Director: means the Director of the Office of Professional Regulation. See
- Director: means the director of the office of professional regulation. See
- Disciplinary action: includes any action taken by the Director or by an administrative law officer established by 3 V. See
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Occupational therapist: means a person who is licensed to practice occupational therapy under this chapter. See
- Occupational therapy assistant: means a person who is licensed to assist in the practice of occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist. See
- Occupational therapy practice: means the therapeutic use of purposeful and meaningful occupations (goal-directed activities) to evaluate and treat individuals who have a disease or disorder, impairment, activity limitation, or participation restriction that interferes with their ability to function independently in daily life roles, and to promote health and wellness. See
- Person: means any individual, company, corporation, association, partnership, the U. See
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- practice of chiropractic: means the diagnosis of human ailments and diseases related to subluxations, joint dysfunctions, and neuromuscular and skeletal disorders for the purpose of their detection, correction, or referral in order to restore and maintain health, including pain relief, without providing drugs or performing surgery; the use of physical and clinical examinations, conventional radiologic procedures and interpretation, as well as the use of diagnostic imaging read and interpreted by a person so licensed and clinical laboratory procedures to determine the propriety of a regimen of chiropractic care; adjunctive therapies approved by the Board, by rule, to be used in conjunction with chiropractic treatment; and treatment by adjustment or manipulation of the spine or other joints and connected neuromusculoskeletal tissues and bodily articulations. See
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.