§ 4102. Responsibilities
(a) The Office of Child Support shall be accountable and responsible for the operation of the federal IV-D program and shall be responsible for formulating the State Child Support Enforcement Plan as required under Title IV-D of the federal Social Security Act.
(b) The Office of Child Support shall be responsible for the administration of the Registry established in section 4103 of this title.
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 33 Sec. 4102
(c) Upon application of the parent of a minor child, the Office of Child Support shall provide the following services:
(1) location of absent parents;
(2) financial assessment to determine a parent’s ability to provide support;
(3) determination of a parent’s employment status;
(4) enforcement of child support orders;
(5) establishment of parentage; and
(6) any other services required to be provided under Title IV-D.
(d) The Office of Child Support shall provide appropriate instruction and supervision of its employees concerning legal ethics, family law, court procedure, child abuse, public benefit programs, and the dynamics of parent-child relationships.
(e) No employees may be assigned to a case before the Family Division of the Superior Court without the skill and professional qualifications commensurate with the complexity of the case. (Added 1989, No. 221 (Adj. Sess.), § 13; 1993, No. 105, § 8; amended 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), § 238.)