|§ 32.1-276.1||Center for Health Statistics; duties of Director|
Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 32.1 > Chapter 7.1
- Beneficial shareholder: means a person that owns the beneficial interest in shares, which may be a record shareholder or a person on whose behalf shares are registered in the name of an intermediary as nominee. See Virginia Code 13.1-603
- Commissioner: means the State Health Commissioner. See Virginia Code 32.1-3
- County: means any existing county or such unit hereafter created. See Virginia Code 15.2-102
- Department: means the State Department of Health. See Virginia Code 32.1-3
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- governing body: includes both or all of them. See Virginia Code 15.2-2602
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Proceeding: includes civil suit and criminal, administrative, and investigatory action. See Virginia Code 13.1-603
- Record shareholder: means (i) the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of the corporation or (ii) the person identified as the beneficial owner of shares in a beneficial ownership certificate pursuant to § Virginia Code 13.1-603