|§ 54.1-4301||Records to be kept|
|§ 54.1-4302||Officer may examine records or property|
|§ 54.1-4303||Local ordinances|
|§ 54.1-4304||Bona fide purchaser|
|§ 54.1-4305||Prohibited sale of certain merchandise; penalty|
Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 54.1 > Subtitle V > Chapter 43 - Itinerant Merchants
- baby formula: means any food manufactured, packaged and labeled specifically for sale for consumption by a child under the age of two years. See Virginia Code 54.1-4300
- City: means an independent incorporated community which became a city as provided by law before noon on July 1, 1971, or which has within defined boundaries a population of 5,000 or more and which has become a city as provided by law. See Virginia Code 1-208
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Itinerant merchant: means a merchant who transports an inventory of new merchandise to a building, vacant lot, or other location and who, at that location, displays, sells or offers to sell the new merchandise to the public. See Virginia Code 54.1-4300
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- New merchandise: means goods or products which are not used but are in a similar condition as the goods or products wholesaled by manufacturers or suppliers to established retail stores for first-time purchase by consumers. See Virginia Code 54.1-4300
- Person: includes any individual, corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, limited liability company, trust, joint venture, government, political subdivision, or any other legal or commercial entity and any successor, representative, agent, agency, or instrumentality thereof. See Virginia Code 1-230
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands. See Virginia Code 1-245
- Town: means any existing town or an incorporated community within one or more counties which became a town before noon, July 1, 1971, as provided by law or which has within defined boundaries a population of 1,000 or more and which has become a town as provided by law. See Virginia Code 1-254