Prearranged funeral service contracts funded through insurance shall contain language which:
Terms Used In Washington Code 18.39.255
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(1) States the amount of insurance;
(2) Informs the purchaser of the name and address of the insurance company through which the insurance will be provided and the name of the beneficiary;
(3) Informs the purchaser that amounts paid for insurance may not be refundable;
(4) Informs that any funds from the policy not used for services may be subject to a claim for reimbursement for long-term care services paid for by the state; and
(5) States that for purposes of the contract, the procedures in RCW 18.39.250(11)(b) shall control such recoupment.
Conflict with federal requirements—Severability—Effective date—1995 1st sp.s. c 18: See notes following RCW 74.39A.030.