Terms Used In Washington Code > Chapter 43.371
- assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080
- subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- testify: Answer questions in court.