(a) For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking or carrying out of a redevelopment project located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any public body may, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 16-18-16
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- community: as used in this article shall mean the governing bodies of the appropriate communities and the appropriate communities cooperating in the planning, undertaking or financing of such project or projects. See West Virginia Code 16-18-18
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- redevelopment: as used in this article (except in this section and in the definition of "redevelopment project" in section three shall mean "urban renewal" and the word "slum" and the word "blighted" as used in this article (except in this section and in the definitions in section three) shall mean "blighted, deteriorated, or deteriorating" and the finding prescribed in subsection (b) of section four with respect to a blighted area shall not be a required: Provided further, That any disaster area referred to in section twenty-five (b) shall constitute a "blighted area. See West Virginia Code 16-18-27
(1) Dedicate, sell, convey or lease any of its interest in any property, or grant easements, licenses or any other rights or privileges therein to an authority;
(2) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake, to be furnished in connection with a redevelopment project;
(3) Furnish, dedicate, close, vacate, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, sidewalks, ways or other places, which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(4) Plan or replan, zone or rezone any part of the public body or make exceptions from building regulations and ordinances if such functions are of the character which the public body is otherwise empowered to perform;
(5) Cause administrative and other services to be furnished to the authority of the character which the public body is otherwise empowered to undertake or furnish for the same or other purposes;
(6) Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by such public body in exercising the powers granted in this section;
(7) Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning or carrying out of a redevelopment plan;
(8) Lend, grant or contribute funds to an authority;
(9) Employ any funds belonging to or within the control of such public body, including funds derived from the sale or furnishing of property, service, or facilities to an authority, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of an authority and, as the holder of such bonds or other obligations, exercise the rights connected therewith; and
(10) Enter into agreements (which may extend over any period, notwithstanding any provision or rule of law to the contrary), with an authority respecting action to be taken by such public body pursuant to any of the powers granted by this article. If at any time title to, or possession of, any redevelopment project is held by any public body or governmental agency, other than the authority, authorized by law to engage in the undertaking, carrying out or administration of redevelopment projects, including any agency or instrumentality of the United States of America, the provisions of such agreements shall inure to the benefit of and may be enforced by such public body or governmental agency.
(b) Any sale, conveyance, lease or agreement provided for in this section may be made by a public body without appraisal, public notice, advertising or public bidding.