No officer, member or employee of the board or the authority shall be financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any contract of any person with the authority, or in the sale of any property, real or personal, to or from the authority. This section does not apply to contracts or purchases of property, real or personal, between the authority and any governmental agency. If any officer, member or employee of the board or the authority has such financial interest in a contract or sale of property prohibited hereby, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $1,000, or imprisoned in the county jail not more than one year, or both fined and imprisoned.
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 16-29A-23
- Authority: means the West Virginia Hospital Finance Authority created by section four of this article, the duties, powers, responsibilities and functions of which are specified in this article. See West Virginia Code 16-29A-3
- Board: means the West Virginia Hospital Finance Board created by section four of this article, which shall manage and control the authority. See West Virginia Code 16-29A-3
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.