Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 108.067
- Department: means the department of workforce development. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02
- Employee: means any individual who is or has been performing services for pay for an employing unit, whether or not the individual is paid directly by the employing unit, except as provided in par. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02
- Employer: includes a person who pays wages to an individual on account of sickness or accident disability if the person is classified as an "employer" under rules promulgated by the department. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02
- Employment: includes an individual's service, wherever performed within the United States or Canada, if:
1. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02
Professional employer organization: means any person who is currently registered as a professional employer organization with the department of financial institutions in accordance with subch. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02 Quarter: means a 3-month period ending on March 31, June 30, September 30 or December 31. See Wisconsin Statutes 108.02 Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Each professional employer organization that enters into an employee leasing agreement with a client during any calendar quarter shall submit to the department, no later than the due date for payment of contributions under s. 108.17 (2) relating to that quarter, in the form prescribed by the department, a report disclosing the identity of that client and such other information as the department prescribes.
(2) If a professional employer organization and client terminate an employee leasing agreement, the professional employer organization and client shall notify the department within 10 working days of the termination.
(3) Notwithstanding s. 108.02 (13) (i), if an employer that is a client of a professional employer organization enters into an employee leasing agreement with the organization that results in the discontinuance of all employees of the employer who are engaged in employment, the department shall maintain the employer account of the client for a period of 5 full calendar years after the beginning of the agreement. If the employee leasing agreement is terminated prior to the end of the 5-year period, the client shall so notify the department and resume all responsibilities as the employer of its employees under this chapter as of the date of termination. Section 108.02 (13) (i) applies if the employee leasing agreement is terminated before the end of the 5-year period and the conditions for termination of coverage set forth in s. 108.02 (13) (i) exist.