(1) To receive benefits for any given week of unemployment, a claimant shall give notice to the department with respect to such week of unemployment within such time and in such manner as the department may by rule prescribe.
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 108.08
- Benefits: means the money allowance payable to an employee as compensation for the employee's wage losses due to unemployment as provided in this chapter. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Department: means the department of workforce development. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Employer: includes a person who pays wages to an individual on account of sickness or accident disability if the person is classified as an "employer" under rules promulgated by the department. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Week: means calendar week, starting Sunday and ending Saturday; but, where an employee starts a working shift on a given Saturday, all of the employee's hours and pay for that shift shall be counted in the calendar week which includes that Saturday. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
(2) The department may require from any or each employer notification of the partial or total unemployment of the employer’s employees, within such time, in such form, and in accordance with such rules as the department may prescribe.