Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 108.145
- Benefits: means the money allowance payable to an employee as compensation for the employee's wage losses due to unemployment as provided in this chapter. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Department: means the department of workforce development. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Preceding: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next preceding that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- United States: includes the states, the District of Columbia, commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
- Week: means calendar week, starting Sunday and ending Saturday; but, where an employee starts a working shift on a given Saturday, all of the employee's hours and pay for that shift shall be counted in the calendar week which includes that Saturday. See Wisconsin Statutes 62.133
The department shall administer under s. 108.14 (9m) the distribution of disaster unemployment assistance to workers in this state who are not eligible for benefits whenever such assistance is made available by the president of the United States under 26 USC 5177 (a). In determining eligibility for assistance and the amount of assistance payable to any worker who was totally self-employed during the first 4 of the last 5 most recently completed quarters preceding the date on which the worker claims assistance, the department shall not reduce the assistance otherwise payable to the worker because the worker receives one or more payments under the social security act (42 USC 301 et seq.) for the same week that the worker qualifies for such assistance.