Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 302.01
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Village: means incorporated village. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) All of the following are state prisons:
(a) The institutions named in this section.
(b) The medium security correctional institutions at Redgranite and New Lisbon.
(d) The correctional institution at Prairie du Chien authorized under s. 301.16 (1u).
(e) The correctional institution authorized under s. 301.046 (1).
(f) The correctional institution authorized under s. 301.048 (4) (b).
(g) The correctional institution at Stanley authorized under 2001 Wisconsin Act 16, section 9107 (1) (b).
(h) The minimum security correctional institutions authorized under s. 301.13.
(i) The probation and parole holding facilities authorized under s. 301.16 (1q).
(j) The state-local shared correctional facilities when established under s. 301.14.
(2) The penitentiary at Waupun is named “Waupun Correctional Institution.”
(3) The correctional treatment center at Waupun is named “Dodge Correctional Institution.”
(4) The penitentiary at Green Bay is named “Green Bay Correctional Institution.”
(5) The medium/maximum penitentiary at Portage is named “Columbia Correctional Institution.”
(6) The medium security institution at Oshkosh is named “Oshkosh Correctional Institution.”
(7) The medium security penitentiary near Fox Lake is named “Fox Lake Correctional Institution.”
(8) The penitentiary at Taycheedah is named “Taycheedah Correctional Institution.”
(9) The medium security penitentiary at Plymouth is named “Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution.”
(10) The penitentiary at the village of Sturtevant in Racine County is named “Racine Correctional Institution.”
(10m) The medium security correctional institution near Black River Falls is named “Jackson Correctional Institution.”
(11) The medium security penitentiary at Racine is named “Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility.”
(12) The resource facility at Oshkosh is named “Wisconsin Resource Center.”