The following standard fees apply to all initial credentials, except as provided in ss. 440.51, 444.03, 444.11, 446.02 (2) (c), 447.04 (2) (c) 2., 448.07 (2), 449.17 (1m) (d), and 449.18 (2) (d):
Effective date note NOTE: This section is amended eff. 12-16-19 by 2015 Wis. Act 116 to read:
Effective date text 440.05 Standard fees. The following standard fees apply to all initial credentials, except as provided in ss. 440.51, 444.03, 444.11, 446.02 (2) (c), 447.04 (2) (c) 2., 449.17 (1m) (d), and 449.18 (2) (d):
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 440.05
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(a) Initial credential: An amount determined by the department under s. 440.03 (9) (a). Each applicant for an initial credential shall pay the initial credential fee to the department when the application materials for the initial credential are submitted to the department, except that no fee is required under this paragraph for an individual who is eligible for the veterans fee waiver program under s. 45.44.
(b) Examination: If an examination is required, the applicant shall pay an examination fee to the department. If the department prepares, administers, or grades the examination, the fee to the department shall be an amount equal to the department’s best estimate of the actual cost of preparing, administering, or grading the examination. If the department approves an examination prepared, administered, and graded by a test service provider, the fee to the department shall be an amount equal to the department’s best estimate of the actual cost of approving the examination, including selecting, evaluating, and reviewing the examination.
(a) Reciprocal credential, including any credential described in s. 440.01 (2) (d) and any credential that permits temporary practice in this state in whole or in part because the person holds a credential in another jurisdiction: Except as provided in par. (b), the applicable credential renewal fee determined by the department under s. 440.03 (9) (a) and, if an examination is required, an examination fee under sub. (1).
(b) No reciprocal credential fee is required under this subsection for an individual who seeks an initial reciprocal credential in this state and who is eligible for the veterans fee waiver program under s. 45.44.
(6) Apprentice, journeyman, student or other temporary credential, granted pending completion of education, apprenticeship or examination requirements: $10.
(7) Replacement of lost credential, name or address change on credential, issuance of duplicate credential or transfer of credential: $10.
(9) Endorsement of persons who are credentialed to other states: $10.
(10) Expedited service: If an applicant for a credential requests that the department process an application on an expedited basis, the applicant shall pay a service fee that is equal to the department’s best estimate of the cost of processing the application on an expedited basis, including the cost of providing counter or other special handling services.