Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 440.93
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(1) The board may reprimand a licensee or deny, limit, suspend, or revoke a certificate of licensure of a cemetery authority, cemetery salesperson, or preneed seller if it finds that the applicant or licensee, or, if the applicant or licensee is an association, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation, any officer, director, trustee, member, or shareholder who beneficially owns, holds, or has the power to vote 5 percent or more of any class of security issued by the applicant or licensee, has done any of the following:
(a) Made a material misstatement in an application for a certificate or for renewal of a certificate.
(b) Made a substantial misrepresentation or false promise to an individual to influence the individual to purchase a cemetery lot, cemetery merchandise or mausoleum space.
(c) Engaged in any practice relating to the sale of a cemetery lot, cemetery merchandise or mausoleum space which clearly demonstrates a lack of knowledge or ability to apply professional principles or skills.
(d) Subject to ss. 111.321, 111.322 and 111.335, been convicted of an offense the circumstances of which substantially relate to the sale of a cemetery lot, cemetery merchandise or mausoleum space.
(e) Advertised in a manner that is false, deceptive or misleading.
(f) Subject to ss. 111.321, 111.322 and 111.34, engaged in any practice relating to the sale of a cemetery lot, cemetery merchandise or mausoleum space while the person‘s ability to practice was impaired by alcohol or other drugs.
(g) Violated this subchapter or any rule promulgated under this subchapter.
(2) The board shall determine in each case the period that a limitation, suspension or revocation of a certificate is effective. This subsection does not apply to a limitation or suspension under s. 440.13 (2) (a).