|Part 1||General Provisions||58-86-101 – 58-86-103|
|Part 2||State Certification||58-86-201 – 58-86-206|
|Part 3||Unlawful Conduct||58-86-301 – 58-86-302|
|Part 4||State Certification Number and Signature||58-86-401|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 58 > Chapter 86 - State Certification of Commercial Interior Designers Act
- Adjudicative proceeding: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Building: means an enclosed structure, including the structural, mechanical, and electrical systems, utility services, and other facilities required for the structure, that has human occupancy or habitation as its principal purpose and is subject to the State Construction Code or an approved code under Title 15A, State Construction and Fire Codes Act. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- Commission: means the Labor Commission created in Section 34A-1-103. See Utah Code 34A-1-102
- Compensation: means the payments and benefits provided for in this chapter or Chapter 3, Utah Occupational Disease Act. See Utah Code 34A-2-102
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- International Building Code: means the edition of the International Building Code, issued by the International Code Council, most recently adopted by the state in Section 15A-2-103. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- Land: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Practice of commercial interior design: means , in relation to obtaining a building permit independent of an architect licensed under Title 58, Chapter 3a, Architects Licensing Act, the preparation of a plan or specification for, or the supervision of new construction, alteration, or repair of, an interior space within a newly constructed or existing building when the core and shell structural elements are not going to be changed. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Signature: includes a name, mark, or sign written with the intent to authenticate an instrument or writing. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State certification: means a designation granted by the division on behalf of the state to an individual who has met the requirements for state certification related to an occupation or profession described in this chapter. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- State certified: means , when used in conjunction with an occupation or profession described in this chapter, a title that:
(a) may be used by a person who has met the state certification requirements related to that occupation or profession described in this chapter; and (b) may not be used by a person who has not met the state certification requirements related to that occupation or profession described in this chapter. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Unlawful conduct: means the same as that term is defined in Sections 58-1-501 and 58-86-301. See Utah Code 58-86-102
- Waiver: means a workers' compensation coverage waiver issued under this part. See Utah Code 34A-2-1002
- Writing: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5