Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 480.24
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
(1) Subject to the rules promulgated under s. 440.03 (1), the board may make investigations or conduct hearings to determine whether a violation of this chapter or any rule promulgated under this chapter has occurred. The board may require a registrant or an auction company representative of an auction company that is a registrant to undergo and may consider the results of one or more physical, mental or professional competency examinations if the board believes that the results of any of those examinations may be useful to the board in conducting its investigation.
(2) Subject to the rules promulgated under s. 440.03 (1), the board may reprimand a registrant or deny, limit, suspend or revoke a certificate under this chapter if it finds that the applicant or registrant or an auction company representative of an auction company that is an applicant or registrant has done any of the following:
(a) Made a material misstatement in an application for a certificate or renewal of a certificate.
(b) Engaged in conduct while practicing as an auctioneer or as an auction company which evidences a lack of knowledge or ability to apply professional principles or skills.
(c) Subject to ss. 111.321, 111.322 and 111.335, been arrested or convicted of an offense committed while registered under this chapter.
(d) Advertised in a manner which is false, deceptive or misleading.
(e) Advertised, practiced or attempted to practice as an auctioneer or as an auction company under another person‘s name.
(f) Allowed the registrant’s name to be used by another person while the other person was practicing or attempting to practice as an auctioneer or as an auction company.
(g) Subject to ss. 111.321, 111.322 and 111.34, practiced as an auctioneer or as an auction company while the individual’s ability to practice was impaired by alcohol or other drugs.
(h) Failed to obtain a permit under s. 77.52 (9).
(i) Failed to submit to a physical, mental or professional competency examination required under sub. (1) or (3) (a).
(j) Violated this chapter or any rule promulgated under this chapter.
(3) The board may, as a condition of removing a limitation imposed under this chapter on a certificate issued under this chapter or of reinstating a certificate that has been suspended or revoked under this chapter, do any of the following:
(a) Require the registrant or an auction company representative of an auction company that is a registrant to obtain minimum results specified by the board on one or more physical, mental or professional competency examinations if the board determines that obtaining the minimum results is related to correcting one or more of the bases upon which the limitation, suspension or revocation was imposed.
(b) Require the registrant to obtain insurance against loss, expense and liability resulting from errors and omissions or neglect in the performance of services as an auctioneer or as an auction company.
(c) Require the registrant to file with the department a bond that is furnished by a company authorized to do business in this state and is in an amount approved by the department.