Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 781.02

  • Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.

A plaintiff in an action or proceeding seeking an extraordinary remedy may request, by motion, temporary relief pending disposition of the action or proceeding. Procedure on the motion is governed by s. 801.15 (4) unless the plaintiff establishes that an emergency exists, in which event the court may rule on the motion ex parte.