Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 961.453
- Acquire: when used in connection with a grant of power to any person, includes the acquisition by purchase, grant, gift or bequest. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion or processing of, or to produce, prepare, propagate, compound, convert or process, a controlled substance or controlled substance analog, directly or indirectly, by extraction from substances of natural origin, chemical synthesis or a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, including to package or repackage or the packaging or repackaging of the substance, or to label or to relabel or the labeling or relabeling of its container. See Wisconsin Statutes 961.01
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Pseudoephedrine product: means a material, compound, mixture, or preparation containing any quantity of pseudoephedrine or any of its salts, isomers, or salts of isomers but does not include such a product if any of the following applies:
(a) The product is a pseudoephedrine liquid or a liquid-filled pseudoephedrine gelcap. See Wisconsin Statutes 961.01
(a) No person may, with the intent to acquire more than 7.5 grams of pseudoephedrine contained in a pseudoephedrine product within a 30-day period, knowingly solicit, hire, direct, employ, or use another to purchase a pseudoephedrine product on his or her behalf.
2. If the person who is solicited, hired, directed, employed, or used to purchase the pseudoephedrine product is an individual who is less than 18 years of age, the actor is guilty of a Class H felony.
(2) No person may purchase a pseudoephedrine product on behalf of another with the intent to facilitate another person’s manufacture of methamphetamine. A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a Class I felony.