The Secretary, with the consent of the owners thereof, may
acquire by donation or purchase with donated funds the following
properties or sites of significant historic interest in Duval
(1) Spanish sixteenth century forts San Gabriel and San
(2) Spanish eighteenth century fort Dos Hermanas.
(3) English eighteenth century forts at Saint Johns Bluff and
Fort George Island.
(4) Spanish sixteenth and seventeenth century mission San Juan
(5) Site of the American Revolutionary War battle of Thomas
(6) The Zephaniah Kingsley plantation, with its eighteenth and
nineteenth century buildings.
(7) The Spanish American War fortification on Saint Johns
(8) The confederate fort known as the Yellow Bluff Fort State