Current as of: 2009
Unless the context otherwise requires, in this chapter :
1. "Abandoned" means abandoned as provided in section 562B.27, subsection 1 .
2. "Claimant" includes but is not limited to any government subdivision with authority to levy a tax on abandoned personal property. "Claimant" also includes a holder of a lien as defined in section 555B.2 .
3. "Demolisher" means demolisher as defined in section 321.89 .
4. "Junkyard" means junkyard as defined in section 306C.1 .
5. "Mobile home" includes "manufactured homes" and "modular homes" as those terms are defined in section 435.1 , if the manufactured homes or modular homes are located in a manufactured home community or mobile home park.
6. "Personal property" includes personal property of the mobile home owner in the abandoned mobile home, on the mobile home lot, in the immediate vicinity of the abandoned mobile home and the mobile home lot, and in any storage area provided by the real property owner for the use of the mobile home owner.
7. "Real property owner" means the owner or other lawful possessor of real property upon which a mobile home is located.
Questions & Answers: Lost/Abandoned/Unclaimed personal property
Iowa Laws: Lost/Abandoned/Unclaimed personal property
U.S. Code Provisions: Lost/Abandoned/Unclaimed personal property
Related Articles: Lost/Abandoned/Unclaimed personal property