U.S. Code > Title 12 > Chapter 2 > Subchapter XVII – Disposition of Unclaimed Property Recovered From Closed National Banks
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 216b||Disposition of unclaimed property|
|§ 216c||Rules and regulations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 12 > Chapter 2 > Subchapter XVII - Disposition of Unclaimed Property Recovered From Closed National Banks
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- cost: shall be construed to include directly related expenses and appropriate charges for indirect and administrative expenses. See 15 USC 278b
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See 26 USC 7701
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 26 USC 7701
- United States: when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. See 26 USC 7701