§2584. Handicapped parking privileges investigation committee
The office of disability affairs is hereby authorized to establish a committee comprised of membership as it deems appropriate for the purpose of consideration of matters relative to handicapped parking privileges. Such committee may:
(1) Monitor issuance and usage of license plates and parking cards intended for use by persons with disabilities.
(2) Review complaints regarding unauthorized use of license plates and parking cards.
(3) Consider and evaluate evidence of abuse or unauthorized use of such plates or cards, as such evidence may be submitted to the committee by individuals, and submit such evidence or materials to the appropriate authorities and advocate for investigation of abuse.
(4) Submit evidence or materials to the Louisiana Medical Advisory Board within the Department of Public Safety and Corrections if such evidence or materials indicate possible inappropriate or illegal certification of a person as mobility impaired. If, in the board’s discretion, the review of such material does indicate possible inappropriate or illegal certification by a physician, the board shall submit such material along with a recommendation for appropriate disciplinary action to the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
(5) Monitor, evaluate, and propose and advocate changes to laws, rules, and regulations relative to handicapped parking privileges to the extent allowable by law.
(6) Perform any service pursuant to its purpose authorized by the office of disability affairs.
Acts 1995, No. 724, §1.