Missouri Laws > Title XXI > Chapter 319 > § 319.133 - Annual payments by owners, amount established by rule, limitation--change of ownership, no new fee required--installment payments authorized, when--applicable rules--site assessment required, when
Current as of: 2009
319.133. 1. The board shall, in consultation with the advisory committee established pursuant to subsection 2 of section 319.131, establish, by rule, the amount which each owner or operator who participates in the fund shall pay annually into the fund, but such amount shall not exceed the limits established in this section.
2. Each participant shall annually pay an amount which shall be at least one hundred dollars per year but not more than five hundred dollars per year for any tank, as established by the board by rule.
3. No new registration fee is required for a change of ownership of a petroleum storage tank.
4. The board shall establish procedures where persons owning fifty or more petroleum storage tanks may pay any fee established pursuant to subsection 1 of this section in installments.
5. All rules applicable to the former underground storage tank insurance fund not inconsistent with the provisions of sections 319.100 to 319.137 shall apply to the petroleum storage tank insurance fund as of August 28, 1996.
6. The board may require any new applicant, who has not previously held private insurance or other form of financial responsibility for the petroleum storage tank for which application to the fund is made, to conduct a site assessment before participating in the fund. The board also may require such new applicants to pay a surcharge per year per tank from the date the tank was eligible for coverage under the fund, provided that each year's surcharge shall not exceed the surcharge that was actually in effect for that particular year.
7. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, RSMo, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536, RSMo, and, if applicable, section 536.028, RSMo. This section and chapter 536, RSMo, are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536, RSMo, to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2008, shall be invalid and void.
(L. 1989 H.B. 77, et al. § 12 subsecs. 10, 11, A.L. 1991 S.B. 91 & 317, A.L. 1996 S.B. 708, A.L. 1998 H.B. 1148, A.L. 2001 H.B. 453, A.L. 2008 S.B. 907) Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Health and Medicine
Missouri Laws: Health and Medicine
U.S. Code Provisions: Health and Medicine
Federal Regulations: Health and Medicine